The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to support learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry.
The Level 4 units introduce relevant Tourism and Hospitality topics that combine theoretical knowledge with practical application. The qualification will provide learners with the knowledge and skills in the areas of academic and research skills, the tourism and hospitality business environment, the development of the tourism and hospitality industry, services marketing, consumer behaviour, sustainability in tourism and hospitality and event management.
Successful completion of this qualification will support learners progressing to university, and to provide learners with the requisite skills and knowledge to enter the world of work in their chosen sector.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 5 Diplomas. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Business Environment for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Services Marketing in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Sustainability in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- The Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission