OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management
Qualification Number: 610/1376/6
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification is to develop a learner’s practical teaching skills and prepare them to work in a wide range of educational and training contexts.
Learners will study level 4 and 5 units, worth 120 credits per academic year with a total credit value of 240 credits (equivalent to the first 2 years of an honours degree).
The Level 4 units provide an introduction to relevant education and training principles and practices. These units include both theoretical and practical content, and learners will be able to gain knowledge and skills in the areas of education and training programme design, learner engagement, and planning and monitoring their own work as well as evaluating the quality of education and training provision. They will also learn about the importance of reflecting on their current practice, identifying their own learning needs and professional development.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of learning and assessment, behaviour management, learning and communication, concepts of lifelong learning, resources planning and management, leadership and continued professional development.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification.
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification.
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience.
OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management is available in 2 duration modes:
This Diploma in Diploma in Education and Training Management programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm). Click here to know about OTHM
WES approved qualification for immigration
Approved OTHM listed university for final year bachelor degree programmes.
The programme is delivered:
- 100% Online
- Blending Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of tutor
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management provides learners with the opportunity to access a wide range of academic progression, including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners may be eligible to gain direct entry into Year 3 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Level 4: 6 Mandatory units:
- Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Design Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Engage Learners in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility( 20 credits)
- Evaluate Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Professional Development and Reflection in Education and Training (20 credits)
Level 5: 6 Mandatory units:
- Applied Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning – Key Concepts (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Reflective Practice and Professional Development (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission