The objective of the OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the operations and structure of businesses.
The qualification will provide learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills associated with business activities. It will prompt research, investigation and review of aspects of business which include Business Communication, The Business Environment, People Management, Customer Service, Finance and Marketing.
After completing OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Management a learner should be able to demonstrate and/or work with:
Knowledge and Understanding;
• An appreciation of the body of knowledge that constitutes a discipline of business.
• A range of knowledge, facts, theories, ideas, properties, materials, terminology, practices and techniques about, and associated with, business , its functions and its context.
• Apply knowledge, skills and understanding using some of the basic, routine practices, techniques to address set situations and/or problems related to the business management of organisations.
• Relating field of business, functions of business, industries, sector to a range of practical and/or commonplace applications.
• Obtain, organise and use factual, theoretical and/or hypothetical information in drawing conclusions and suggest solutions to business organisations.
• Use a wide range of skills, such as ICT, basic analysis of range of numerical and graphical data and effective written and oral communication.
• Take responsibility for carrying out a range of activities where the overall goal is clear, under non-directive supervision.
• Exercise some supervisory responsibility, work in teams, evaluate the work of others and make use of limited resources efficiently.
Successful completion of this qualification will support learners progressing to university, and to provide learners with the requisite skills and knowledge to enter the world of work in their chosen sector.
• Age above 16
• English language skills
OTHM qualifications at Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Duration of the course
Duration – 12 months and 6 months fast track
Course Delivery Methods
Gatwick College of Business and Technology provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student Gatwick College online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
- Online – The course can be completed 100% online
- On campus – The course can be completed as 100% on campus programme in Kandy and Colombo.
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed.
This Diploma in Business Management programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm). Click here to know about OTHM
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), many universities acknowledge the ability of learners after studying the OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Management and may consider them for direct entry into a range of their Bachelor’s degree programmes.
The OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units making a combined total of 120 credits.
• Communication for Business (20 credits)
• The Business Environment (20 credits)
• People Management (20 credits)
• Customer Service (20 credits)
• Finance in Business (20 credits)
• Marketing (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission
Course Fee : Rs. 30,000 for online/On campus and Rs. 25,000 self-paced learning (OTHM fee not include. LSBSS fee is included)
Exam and enrollment fee : Students who decided to get their award from OTHM need to pay the OTHM related fee. If students do not want OTHM award they can get our UK diploma free of charge.