OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership
Qualification Number: 603/4248/1
Introduction to the course
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership, learners must:
- possess an honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification;
- be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course; or
- be mature learners with relevant management experience
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
Gatwick College provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning, and in-class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Gatwick online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email ( Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership is available in 2 durations:
- 6 Months (Fast Track)
- 9 Months
Level 7 Education Management and Leadership is accredited by OTHM an Ofqual Regulated awarding body.
The learner can select one method of study:
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of tutor
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas. For more information visit University Progressions page of OTHM website.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice (20 credits)
- The Management of Educational Change (20 credits)
- Managing Effective Intercultural Communication and Perspectives (20 credits)
- Pedagogy and Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Leading Reflective Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Education (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission