The objective of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a support worker, senior support worker or care assistant level.
The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work activities, to meet national occupational standards.
Learners will acquire skills to support a role in the Health and Social Care sector or progress to further study.
The OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care can be offered to learners from age 18.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
Successful completion of OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies provides learners the opportunity for academic progressions to a wide range of undergraduate programmes including OTHM Level 4 diplomas.
The OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 60 credits
- Responsibilities of a Health and Social Care worker (10 credits)
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Effective Communication and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
- Person-centred Approaches in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
- Effective Handling of Information in Health and Social Care Settings (10 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission