The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education.
The qualification provides learners with knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective administrator or manager in the education sector. The Level 5 units will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, lifelong learning, resource management, planning and accountability, reflective practice, professional development and team leadership.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience
OTHM Level 5 Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management provides learners with the opportunity to access a wide range of academic progressions, including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners may be eligible to gain direct entry into Year 3 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Applied Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning – Key Concepts (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Reflective Practice and Professional Development (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission