The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject occupational areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective partnership working, managing the care of vulnerable individuals, team management, professional supervision practices, health education, promoting wellbeing and how to complete a research project on a relevant Health and Social Care topic.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and practical skills, enabling them to apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners who wish to study this qualification is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 6 Diplomas.
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing the Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Education and Promoting Wellbeing (20 credits)
- Team Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission