The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities.
The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the sector and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of equality, diversity, professional development, patient assessment, resource management, communication and health and safety.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and practical skills, enabling them to successfully apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant working experience
OTHM qualifications at Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, 120 credits.
All units are mandatory
- Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Development and Academic Writing Skills (20 credits)
- Communication in the Caring Professions (20 credits)
- Principles of Health and Safety for Health Professions (20 credits)
- Assessment Processes in Health and Social Care Settings (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission