OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business (240 Credits)
Qualification Number: 610/0728/6
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of accounting and business in the broader business context, and to provide them with the practical, industry-focused skills to manage business finances, budgets and cash flow effectively, and to play a key role in business growth. Learners will build the knowledge and skills required for a career in a wide range of businesses, where accounting and business literacy are key skills for managers at all levels.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience. Experience will be evaluated by Gatwick College academic team.
OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business is available in 2 duration modes:
This Diploma in Accounting and Business programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm). Click here to know about OTHM
WES approved qualification for immigration
Approved OTHM listed university for final year bachelor degree programmes
Course Delivery Methods
Gatwick College of Business and Technology provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student Gatwick College online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The programme is delivered in three modes:
- 100% Online
- Blending Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of tutor
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 3 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme. For more information visit the University Progressions page.
The OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification consists of 12 mandatory units, 240 credits.
To achieve the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Business, learners must achieve 240 credits, of which 120 credits are at Level 4 (6 units) and 120 credits are at Level 5 (6 units).
Level 4: 6 Mandatory units:
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Business and the Economic Environment (20 credits)
- Principles of Financial Accounting (20 credits)
- Quantitative Methods in a Business Context (20 credits)
- Management Accounting (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Teams (20 credits)
Level 5: 6 Mandatory units:
- Principles and Concepts of Business Strategy (20 credits)
- Financial Management (20 credits)
- Financial Planning and Control (20 credits)
- Financial Reporting (20 credits)
- The Management of Human Resources (20 credits)
- Business Start-up; Conception to Market (20 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission