The objective of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Information Technology is to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to work in the IT sector or progress to further study.
The qualification is designed to ensure that each learner has an opportunity to build sector knowledge and learn current skills and practices in computer systems, networks, coding, website development, mobile communications, cyber security and social media for business.
OTHM qualifications at Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Gatwick College provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study at their convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access all course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Dedicated tutor support
- Gatwick College online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Gatwick College assignment briefing, materials are high quality and easy to understand.
- Excellent quality study notes
- Prompt assignment marking and feedback
- Full access to an online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses-leading to degrees from UK and American university’s
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Full support to our student until they completed the course
- Blended Learning
- Self-paced learning – Students can learn with their own time and schedule at their own speed with the help of a tutor
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Information Technology provides learners with the opportunity for workplace and academic progressions to a wide range of OTHM Level 4 diplomas.
The OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 60 credits.
- Computer Systems (10 credits)
- Coding and Website Development (10 credits)
- Networks (10 credits)
- Mobile Communications (10 credits)
- Cyber Security (10 credits)
- Social Media for Business (10 credits)
Assessment is via assignment submission